Key Industry Indicators
The Quick Service Restaurant Market
- The quick service restaurant market is the largest generator of traffic in the commercial foodservice industry in Canada, representing 56% of all meals and snacks sold in industry and generating $30.7 billion in sales in 2021(1).
Quick Service Restaurants
- The quick service restaurant industry served 4.6 billion customers in 2021(1).
- Chain brands dominate the quick service restaurant market in Canada accounting for over 87% of all traffic(1).
- The QSR Burger market in Canada generated sales of $10.7 billion in 2021, representing 35% of the total quick service restaurant market(1).
- The QSR Burger market in Canada consists of A&W, Burger King, Dairy Queen, McDonald's, Wendy's, and Harvey's. Sales generated by these brands account for 96% of all QSR burger sales in Canada(1).
- A&W is the second largest QSR burger chain in Canada for share of traffic, sales and locations in Canada(1).
(1) Source: NPD Group Canada